Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sitting With Stanley

My brother-in-law's niece is doing a cool project at school. She read a book about a boy who becomes flat as a pancake. Stanley came to visit me and we had a great time. Here is our story.

First, Stanley and I went to Starbucks to get some coffee. He got to meet the baristas and a few other people I know, but would share my coffee with him.

Later that day we went out to lunch with my mom. We ate at a local Pittsburgh favorite: Eat-N-Park. I had a burger and fries while Stanley just nibbled on a one fry. I had no idea that such a flat guy could be so picky.



Later we went for a short walk and made snow angels and snowballs. That Flat Stanley sure loves the snow.

Our next adventure took us to downtown Pittsburgh. We drove along the river to the Duquesne Incline. The incline is a trollie that runs up and down the very steep hill of Mount Washington.


Since 1877 the cable cars climb the steep slope to the best view of the city.

It wasn't a sunny day, but Stanley and I had lots of fun riding the incline, meeting Frank who works there, and looking out over the city.




You can read more about it at http://incline.pghfree.net/




Stanley is now on his way back to Texas, but he is welcome to visit me anytime.







No comments: