Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Covered In Snow

I think this is the first real snow that we've gotten this winter. No, not that the other snow that we've gotten is fake, but we don't count a few measly inches as a real snow fall. It was bitttttter could yesturday and snowy today. I shot this picture of my car before I tried to uncover it. It's hard to drive it like this.

I made my way to class today only to get there to read "Class Cancelled" on the board! Grrr...tee hee... yeay! Then I made my way back to my car and had to pay $6 for 30 minutes of parking - grrr. Turns out that everything everywhere is cancelled today. Reminds me of how much I loved snow days as a kid. I'd spend hours and hours outside in the snow building forts, making angels and snowmen.

Ironically the first reading for today says: "
Just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down and do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, Giving seed to the one who sows and bread to the one who eats, So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:10-11)

When I was shoveling my parents driveway the snow was coming down and down, and then the rain came down and down, soaking my hat and my jacket until I was dripping. I wish that I was strong (or weak) enough to let God cover me like that. I wish that I didn't hesitate to dive into the Word of God SO much that I would be soaked in it. But see, God is even big and humble enough to use some frozen water to make Himself known.

2 comments:

Gina said...

did you get to use your new fancy ice scraper?

g

Aunt Julie said...

Yes I did! It's very helpful to have a scrapper that is 6 feet long!